Do You have a Heart for Story?
- Do you believe in the importance and power of stories to explore, connect, and heal?
- Do you have academic credentials or proven expertise in creative writing?
If so, you could share the mission of the Village Writing School in your area by opening a Village Writing School Associate Program.
Our goal is to teach and encourage as many people as possible to tell their stories. To make that happen, we must reach out to as many locations as possible.
Associate directors are not employees or franchisees. They run their own programs, make their own decisions, and receive all student fees less 5%. They are associated with us through our shared mission and our permission to teach our copyrighted materials. We provide marketing, social media, and a web presence. Together, we can reach many students and empower many stories.
Associate directors teach the Village Writing School’s core curriculum: a series of PowerPoint presentations covering all elements of narrative prose. Anyone already familiar with the craft aspects of narrative prose should be able to take these presentations and hit the ground running. Associates may also supplement the material or conduct additional workshops. Our flexible associate program can be as simple as one workshop a month or as elaborate as the Associate Director’s vision.
We believe that a credentialed teacher ANYWHERE who has a passion for sharing the craft and art of writing will find that our materials provide EVERYTHING needed to teach a student to write a beautiful story.
Our core program includes thirty hours of instruction, 300 PowerPoint slides, and all handouts. For each workshop, students are required to have a workbook that follows the PowerPoint and is designed to be a permanent reference book for the student.
The core program can be taught as five all-day workshops (we suggest once a month), as ten half-day workshops, or as a series of weekly two-hour evening classes.
We believe our approach is unique because:
- It’s affordable. Compare our price with other writing programs–even online ones–and you’ll find that we offer the best value.
- It’s condensed. Anyone who truly wants to write can spare 30 hours over the course of several months.
- It’s accessible. We welcome beginners and established writers by keeping our environment happy and non-threatening.
- It’s complete. This is not just a hit or miss workshop. This is a curriculum of everything a writer needs.
If you’re a teacher in your soul, or if you’re a writer who believes that someone else’s story is also important, you could be our next Associate Director. Contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 479 292-3665 to explore the idea.
Village Writers~~Stronger & Better Together
Mackenzie Doss rocks at Schlotzsky’s Deli. Free teaching space is often available in the meeting rooms of restaurants.
The location in Maumelle, Arkansas where Associate Director Thomas Eaton teaches weekly.