EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO WRITE A BEAUTIFUL STORY
Alison Taylor-Brown will once again teach her popular workshop series in Eureka Springs.
The series consists of ten sessions on many elements of writing craft. Each workshop stands alone, so you can jump in at any time. The workshops are appropriate for both beginners and established writers of fiction, memoir and creative nonfiction.
but please register to reserve your workbook.
The Story You Always Wanted to Tell
Now’s the Time
A L L W O R K S H O P S in this Series
11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
(with a short break for lunch)
Pizza Hut on Highway 62
2048 E Van Buren
Eureka Springs, AR
- How to Begin
- Asking the Right Questions
- What is Voice?
- Narrative Arc
- Writing Rules to Live By
- 13 ways to make Characters REAL
- Narrative Urgency
- What to Say
- How to Say it
- Setting–More than a Place
- Setting–Friend or Foe?
- The Four Elements to Research
- How to Research
- Sound Devices
- The Sentence
- Figurative Language
- Types of Phrases
- Below the Surface of Story, Plot, Context
- Implicit Narrative
- Weaving the Dramatic & the Subtle
- Two Mistakes with High Events
- Endings can Culminate or Imply Continuation
- Ending Literal or From Afar?
- From First Draft to Finished Manuscript in 12 Steps
- Reviewing and Applying all the Writer’s Tools